Tuesday, March 02, 2010

No More Trouble


Playing for Change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music.

I have featured Playing for Change videos before* to extremely lukewarm response.

Street performers from around the world, however, who play for change tossed into battered tin cans or guitar cases, believe the dream of world peace through music. They have hope, no matter how far-fetched it may seem.

I have hope too, that someday long after I'm gone, the world will come together as the brothers and sisters that we all are. Call me what you will, but without hope mankind is doomed.


This is the fastest 5 minutes you will ever spend watching a video. It features Bono, whom I don't think normally plays for change.

(When video starts, change 360p to 480p for HD.)



*Here is the other post I did on Playing for Change. "Stand by Me" was their first video and is still my favorite.

17 comments:

Pat said...

Definitely not lukewarm. I found it magical. Must fly!

savannah said...

having musicians around the world is a fantastic concept and the perfect way to spread the message of peace! thanks, sugar! xoxoxox

CiCi said...

What better way to bring people together than through music, the international language. This is such a wonderful video. Better than a regular video because the purpose of this video is to bring attention to world unity.

flying eagle woman said...

this absolutely made my day...thank you for posting it!
Shawna

Ponita in Real Life said...

Loved it, Charlie! Nothing lukewarm here!! And have seen the other (Stand By Me) in the past and loved it also.

You get an A+!!

Bill Lisleman said...

great video
love the reggae beat and the Irish drum, great singing and best of all a great message.

thanks

Bill Lisleman said...

I'm spreading the word of you spreading the word.
thanks

kara said...

listen. i couldn't agree with you more. however...bono singing about class equality in $1,000 sunglasses aside, i have this to say:

world peace will never be brought about by reggae.

we want to reach the people who start the wars, we need country music. sad. and true.

fight the power.

OneStonedCrow said...

Yes, a great concept - 'Stand By Me' is also my favorite ...

Robert the Skeptic said...

That was truly enchanting. We listen to a lot of CD's from an organization called Putumayo which assembles music and musicians from around the world... very similar to the clip you posted. Fantastic music.
http://www.putumayo.com/

Kim Ayres said...

Well I'm all up for accompanying you on my bouzouki if you want to record the first part of you playing your colostomy bag...

Kevin Musgrove said...

Not a lukewarm response: I could even stomach Bono!

We have a lot of "world music" on the listening posts in our library and I wish we did something as positive as this with it.

Tiffin said...

We sure don't need no more trouble, Charlie. And although Bono isn't my cuppa, I respect that he's saying it. Lovely guitar work there.

hope said...

Thanks Charlie! Came home from a long day and found this not only a refreshing change of pace but uplifting as well.

It's true. Every person counts. We just need to stand up. :)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I have seen the earlier one and like that one, this one features some fantastic musicians.

Mary Witzl said...

I LOVED this! And I loved the last one too and still have it somewhere. And my daughter loved both of them too. (Where's the lukewarm in that, eh?)

Mary Witzl said...

(In fact, I thought I should tell you that I've had to watch this TWICE now, and now my daughter wants to see the first one again. So thank you...)